Founded in October of 2011, The Greater Englewood Community Development Corporation (“Greater Englewood CDC”) is a 501 (c) 3 not for profit organization who seeks to improve the economic vitality of The Greater Englewood area in Chicago, Illinois. We are under the fiscal agency of Greater Southwest Development Corporation, a non-profit that has served Chicago communities since 1974.
In order to serve as a catalyst for economic development, Greater Englewood CDC’s mission is to rebrand, rebuild and revitalize the Greater Englewood Community by building on existing community assets and facilitating ongoing collaboration between residents’ and other key stakeholders.
The core purpose of Greater Englewood CDC is to improve the quality of life for residents in the Greater Englewood community by spurring economic development initiatives. The Greater Englewood community is defined as the area bounded by 55th Street to the North,State Street to the East, and Belt Railway to the South and CSX and Northern Southern RR tracks to the West.
- The advancement of sustainable economic development in Greater Englewood.
- Identification and continued development of community assets.
- Collaboration amongst residents and other stakeholders to reach common economic goals.
- Transparency and accountability for all resources allocated to and located within Greater Englewood.
- Building and maintain trusting relationships amongst residents, institutions, faith-based organizations, business owners and our elected officials.
Donate here to Invest in Englewood today!!